We just spent a fantastic weekend with the coolest people we know from NYC - your Aunt Jenn & Uncle Kevin. They flew across the country just to see you! They landed in the OC on Friday afternoon & we met them at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. From there, we hung out at grandma & pop's house in Newport.
Saturday, everyone came to our house to hang out. I wrote "Will you be my Godparents?" on one of your onesies so Kevin & Jenn would see it when they arrived. I think I may have caught a couple of tears welling up in Jenn's eyes when she walked in. You are going to have the best Godparents ever!
Your dad, pops & Uncle Kevin went up to LA to have dinner with all the guys from the LaBonge side of the family, so Aunt Jenn, grandma Robin & I stayed home with you. We could just sit for hours on end staring at your cute face!!
Sunday was a wonderfully relaxing day at grandma & pops house. Your dad & I got in naps while Kevin & Jenn played with you downstairs. Pops BBQ'd some of his famous chicken & Ginger got to play in the backyard. It was a perfect day.
Sadly, Kevin & Jenn had to go home on Monday. Before they left, they came to our house to hang out with you. They got a classic picture of you (the last one shown down below)! Grandma & Pops babysat for a few hours while your dad & I took Kevin & Jenn to one of our favorite burger joints - The Counter. Yum! We even had time to stop at Jon & Fraya's house so they could meet Caden. In a few years, you & Caden will be swinging the bat at the baseball fields in Woodbury!
Everyone just loves holding you. You are quite the snugglebug & are frankly, just the best baby ever! Your dad & I are quite lucky.
Kevin & Jenn are going to try to get her mom, sisters & brother-in-law to come out to California for Thanksgiving. It would be quite the treat to have everyone here to celebrate my favorite holiday, so keep your lil baby fingers crossed :)
Love,
Mom & Dad
Uncle Kevin feeding you
Aunt Jenn soothing you (she is the "baby whisperer")
I think Kevin talked you into giving the camera the bird!
2 comments:
yay! love new posts! how fun that they came to visit and I got tears in my eyes about the godparents onesie! geesh. love you lots!!
Hello Evan -- You are such a cutie, and I can understand why people can't keep their eyes off you. Ever since you were born, I have noticed how you also look right at the person that is holding you with a very loving and knowing expression -- so it seems that you are exploring all the new people in your life. I guess that was a lot of fun getting to meet your Aunt Jenn and Uncle Kevin, or so it looks from the pictures!! You are very precious.
Love, Sharon Tase
Post a Comment